We are proud to offer area homeschoolers of Lynchburg City, Campbell, Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford and surrounding counties, the experience of a high school prom! We believe that proms are a rite of passage and all students should have the opportunity to attend one.
RULES AND GUIDELINES - Must read before purchasing a ticket!
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS…even if you become ill, change your mind about going, incur conflicts of scheduling, or are asked to leave due to unacceptable dress, unacceptable behavior, including moderate public displays of affection etc.
- All sales are FINAL. You may not give or sell your ticket to anyone else. We keep a tight guest list.
- All attendees (and their parents if attendee is a minor) must read and agree to the Guidelines acknowledging acceptance of the rules of attendance to the Prom. This will be a required step before you will be able to buy a ticket. The person who buys the tickets is responsible for their guests, making sure they know the rules, and making sure that they know to bring their photo ID.
- Homeschool students may invite no more than 3 non-homeschooled guests
- There is no detailed dress policy, but this is a formal event, so dress appropriately (in formal wear). No shorts. Evening gowns/dresses for girls and at least a suit and tie for the guys. Tuxedos are optional. Please follow the rules before showing up, or you may be asked to change and come back.
- Polite and respectful behavior is anticipated and expected of all people attending the Prom. Attendees are also expected to respect the authority of all chaperones and adult supervisors.
- Dancing must remain clean and appropriate. Suggestive or dangerous dancing will not be permitted.
- No alcohol, outside food and drinks, tobacco, weapons of any sort, or illegal substances are permitted at the Prom. No outside drinks will be allowed.
- No one is allowed to leave the building and then re-enter. If you must go to your car, you will need a chaperone. Come to the check-in table and state your needs.
- Because the prom has grown, there are 3 restrictions that are new:
- Homeschool students must reside in Central Virginia (Lynchburg or the counties of Campbell, Amherst, Appomattox, or Bedford). Addresses will be checked. Guests may reside outside this area.
- All attendees must be at least 15 years old before January 1st, 2019 (homeschool student and their guests)
- To uphold these 2 rules, ALL attendees must show a photo ID at check-in. Homeschool students' IDs must contain a photo, birthday, and address. Guest IDs must contain a photo and birthday.
- By allowing your teen to attend this event, parents agree to hold harmless Central Virginia Homeschool Prom in the event of accident or injury.
- We look forward to a wonderful evening for our high school students and are grateful for giving them a chance to enjoy themselves among their peers in a safe environment.